While travelling this is the most common thought that makes people worry about what all they should carry with them to complete their journey with ease and without spending much amount on buying everything while they are on travel. We have prepared a list of items below based on our experience regarding all those items that can bother you during travel. I hope this will help you in deciding on your backpack for the journey.
- First of all, you should have a big enough backpack that can hold your maximum luggage items. Because carrying multiple small bags is not convenient, and there are chances of getting them lost during travel. So choose a bag that is easy to carry and can hold enough items. Also, add a nametag to your backpack to avoid getting them misplaced in luggage on the journey. Consider the weight of your backpack for Airport check-in. Keep some space for your purchases during travel.
- As you know Rishikesh is surrounded by Mountains and has rigid roads. For travel, you should take hiking shoes and sandals for your daily use.
- If you are travelling to goa then it will be a good idea to pack one swimsuit with you. This will help you to enjoy water sports.
- People having weaker eyesight should carry their specs or lenses with them. You might not get your desired lenses in India.
- For travel hygiene one should always carry sanitiser and tissue paper with them. In India, hygiene condition is not as much the same as in western countries, and this will help in staying away from disease.
- After landing at Airport you have to travel by road, and due to traffic, it can be very noisy. To avoid the headache, you can carry any headphones or earplugs with you.
- You can carry a small light or torch with you. This will help in case there is any power outage.
- The quality of drugs differs in every country based on the atmosphere and living conditions. So remember to carry your prescription medicines with you. Carry some headache and painkiller medicine as this may help. Carry your first aid kit with you.
- Carry an electric charger to charge your phone. India has a power supply of 220 v and 50 Hz AC (Alternating Current). You can carry a power bank with you to get your camera and phone charged while travelling.
- Take a small water bottle with you. This will help to stay hydrated during the journey and avoid drinking water on roadsides this can be unhealthy. Dehydration is a common problem during travel, and you can avoid that easily.
- Carry some comfortable clothes with you. Try to avoid wearing tiny clothes as it is not considered respectful in Indian Culture and also not safe during the journey.
- A yoga Mat is required for practising yoga. You can carry that with you or buy it from the Indian market at around 5 USD. Yoga schools also provide yoga mats.
- Carry some snacks with you as this will help to enjoy your food taste on the journey. You can carry some chocolates with you for instant warm-up. They are a good source of quick energy.
- In the Local market, it may get the issue with an international credit card. Get your money converted into Indian Rupees before travelling to India. In Rishikesh, we have multiple money exchange service shops you can use them also. If you are exchanging money from your place, then remember to carry the receipt of that as it may bother you at the Airport. Airport Authority may ask you for proof of all foreign exchanges.
- Remember to check your credit card statement at least every week if you are using it for making the transaction in the local market to make sure of any fraudulent transactions. Keep all your receipts, especially large transactions to match how much you spent and charged.
- Take enough cash to make sure you are not out of cash during the journey. You can redeposit it in the bank when you are back from the journey.
- You should carry your daily use products like hair shampoo, soap, toothbrush, deodorant, towel, sun cream, eye mask, earbuds, shaver, etc. with you. Carry one mosquito repellant, and this will help when you are roaming in nearby areas.
- Remember to pack a camera if you want to capture the moment of your journey.
- The heat and cold can dry your skin it is advised to use a moisturizer every day.
- You can carry books if you are a fan of reading while travelling. Some people carry travel pillows for comfort.
I think I have covered almost all the items that one can need during the journey. I hope this will help in maintaining comfort at the new place. Happy Journey :)
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh || Best Yoga School in Rishikesh